Applicants seeking admission can apply any time prior to the start of a program. Applicants are required to submit the following:
1. APPLICATION Applications can be filled out and submitted online at www.motionpicture.edu. Paper versions are also available from our admissions department. You may scan and email the application to email@example.com, drop off in person, or mail to: Motion Picture Institute 2040 Crooks Rd, Ste. B Troy, Michigan 48084
2. TRANSCRIPT Official Transcripts must be sent directly from the last school the applicant was graduated from. We will not accept transcripts sent directly from the applicant. Contact your school to have the transcripts sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Some schools use on-line services such as www.parchment.com or National Clearing House. Applicants with a GED must submit an official copy of their diploma or documents submitted sent from the issuing authority. Home-schooled applicants must submit their diploma and documentation from the issuing authority.
3. PERSONAL ESSAY Essays should describe your passion and career goals for work in the film industry as a film professional or actor. Describe how you see your course of study at the school will enable you to achieve these goals. Essays should be at least 250-words. Be sure to include your name and the date. Essays can be sent in the form of an email, or as an attachment to an email sent to email@example.com. A printed copy can also be mailed to the address above.
4. LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION Must be from a non-family member (e.g. employer, teacher, clergy, family friend, etc.) attesting to your character and ability to complete the program.
5. APPLICATION INTERVIEW All applicants seeking admittance into a school program are required to attend a personal interview. Applicants are contacted by MPI to schedule this meeting once they have submitted their application, transcripts, personal essay, and letter of recommendation. The meeting may be in person or online.
Incomplete applications will not be considered until all materials are received.
High school seniors may submit their most recent transcripts. In order to complete enrollment a final transcript must be received upon graduation.
Applicants must meet the admissions criteria and all applications must be approved by the school President. MPI is a private institution and reserves the right to deny admission to any individual who, in the judgment of the school and President, does not possess the ability to be successful in the chosen program of study or who poses a threat to the educational environment.
Students accepted into the program will receive a letter of acceptance and a student enrollment agreement that details the terms of the students’ attendance. Students can expect notification from the MPI admissions office within 10 to 14 business days after receiving a completed application. Note: High school seniors will receive a conditional letter of acceptance that requires them to submit a final official transcript after they graduate to complete enrollment.