For details on the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA), please visit https://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf.
The Motion Picture Institute respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send written notification to our Designated Agent:
Director of Marketing
Motion Picture Institute
2040 Crooks Road, Ste B
Troy, MI 48084
Telephone: (248) 528-1760
You should send notice to our Designated Agent only of potential copyright infringement. For all other inquiries (e.g., requests for technical assistance or customer service, reports of email abuse and piracy reports), please contact us through our contact page.
Your written notification must include the following:
- An electronic or physical signature of the owner, or of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of the material you claim is being infringed upon, which is to be removed, or access to which is to be disabled;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement that you, in good-faith, belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.