People around the world are mourning the loss of the legendary actress and ambassador Shirley Temple Black.
Referred to as "America's Little Darling", Temple passed away at the age of 85 from natural causes on Monday February, 10 at her home in Woodside, CA.
Born Shirley Temple Black in Santa Monica, California in 1928 she went on to become a world reknown film and television actress, entertainer, and public servant.
Notable films include:
- Bright Eyes
- The Little Colonel
- A Little Princess
- Fort Apache
Notable television shows include:
- Shirley Temple's Storybook
- The Shirley Temple Show
Awards and Recognition:
- Academy Juvenile Award
- Kennedy Center Honors
- Screen Actors Guild Life Achievement Award
- Grand Marshall of the New Year's Day Rose Parade 3 times
- Recipient of a star on the Hollwood Walk of Fame
Political Aspirations and Achievements:
- Served as U.S. Ambassador to both Ghana and Czechoslovakia
- Chief of Protocol of the United States
A breast cancer survivor, Temple is survived by her 3 children, as well as, grand- and great-grandchildren.
If you would like to leave a remembrance in the guestbook on the official Shirley Temple website please visit here.